Tuesday, March 06, 2007

procrast in motion, part II

Now that I have a computer with a DVD-ROM drive, I am finally able to upload the wedding pictures that our photographer sent us.

The files are enormous because they are supremely high resolution, and I didn't feel like devoting the rest of my afternoon to picture-sorting, so I only put the ones that are also in our print album onto my hard drive. Which if you think about it is totally ass-backwards, since I should have the ones that are not preserved in hard copy available. Guess that just ain't the way I roll.

Going through the files and renaming them, I immediately proceeded to get all mushy and wedding-obsessed again. So I went ahead and uploaded the photos to my Flickr site. Not only will this allow me to direct friends to the photos without having to email them huge files that could potentially explode either their computers or their patience, but the uploader doober also automatically resized and renamed the files (from .tifs to .jpgs) so that I can redownload a smaller version to my hard drive.

Which means I can now post them here. Salud!

No comments: