Thursday, April 27, 2006

welcome to the occupation

Because Tuesday is Jim's birthday, because we had a gift card to Best Buy, and because we're going to a wedding and to France, we bought a digital camera.

Happy birthday sweetie! I know you like it because you picked it out. No takebacks! Haha!

I'm sure the cutting-edge early-adopters will tell us that this camera is already obsolete, but we don't care. It has a lot of megapixels for not a lot of money; it has optical zoom; it has a very large little viewscreen doober; it can even do video, if for some insane reason we so desire to take a video of something, like, I don't know, our feet walking up the steps of the Eiffel Tower.

So we plan to test the capacity of this camera to capture insanely embarassing and awesome moments this weekend, and then we will take it to France. I will, of course, be shooting both color and black-and-white on my trusty, been-to-France-twice, broke-lens-at-Chenonceau-once (yes, I...dropped it, in the chateau parking lot) Nikon 6006 35-mm, but Jim will be documenting in digital wonderfulness everything else.

Wish us luck. La technologie, on arrive!

No comments: