Tuesday, June 05, 2007

greatest. book review. ever. (spoilers!)

"Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert. Passionate woman sleeps with men not her dull husband; ignores child; goes into debt; offs herself by arsenic; husband dies; Berthe works in cotton mill; pharmacist Homais gets legion of honor. Possibly the most perfect novel ever written, and possibly my favorite."

From my friend Matt McHale's blog. Go there. He bicycles to raise money for Type 1 (Juvenile) Diabetes, with which he was diagnosed in his early twenties, and has the greatest wife and most adorable son ever. Hi, McHales! Come visit us in D.C. -- or just send your too-cute-for-words child!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I went to his blog and was scrolling through and then I saw a picture of the baby (proabably about 4 months at that time) in one of those horrible door jumper contraptions! Evil! Did they realize that some of those have been recalled because they've fallen and therefore the poor babies have fallen as well?! Never mind that they don't promote normal leg development because of the bouching/jumping action is not what babies are supposed to be working on at that age.

Yeah, I'll be one of those overprotective mothers. Yet, I'm not at all averse to my future child eating dirt.