Sunday, January 07, 2007

cute for the common cold

I definitely default to needing extra cuteness in my life when I'm sick:




The January kitten on my kitten-a-month calendar;






More kittens, on a birthday card from EB;









The flowers Jim got me to cheer me up;






My first subscription issue of Food & Wine, which came with an offer of two free issues of Real Simple.




"Wait a second," you're thinking to yourself. "One of these things is not like the others." Well, I take my cues from Mr. Carroll:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."

Sounds good to me. Kittens and gourmet ingredients both fit the "cute" bill on days like today, when I need to escape the bonds of sinus congestion.

Unless I stumble on a recipe for marinated tabby with edible flowers. Then I'll know I've got to cut back on the pseudoephedrine.

No comments: