Monday, January 30, 2006

voo-doo freakonomics

Is there any reason for me to postpone doing my taxes?

I've admitted before that I'm a little bit of a CPA wannabe and I really enjoy doing the taxes.

In fact, I seem to enjoy it so much that when my W-2 arrived in the mail last week, my first thought was, "Are the e-File for free online services up and running yet?"

Although, in the interest of full disclosure, I will cop to the fact that I suspect my pure and unadulterated tax-completion joy comes from finding out how much of a refund I'm getting. Given that my personal (non-joint) income last year puts me just a scoche over the official poverty line, and actually under it if I lived in Alaska or Hawaii (heh), the government rebate is not something at which I'll turn up my nose.

Don't get me wrong: Someday I hope to make enough that I'm not due for a substantial refund check. At the moment, however, I'll take what I can get.

And I'll get my kicks where I can find them. When I'm done with my taxes, I plan to ask my husband if he'll let me do his. FUN!

1 comment:

Torie said...

Do you have to file jointly now? How does that work when you get married in November?